The term Sustainability is very trendy today but it originated in the last century from the peaceful struggles of ecologists and campaigns for social justice. In the 2000s all these ideas engendered the concept of Sustainable Development.
Today’s most famous meaning of sustainability is generally related to environment, but it also includes social equity and economic development. Why?
- Environmental Sustainability occurs when the Earth’s environmental systems are balanced. Natural resources consumed by humankind are restored by the Earth’s ecosystem without damage .
- Economic Sustainability occurs when the world’s local Communities are independent, with free access to economic and financial resources, and live with dignity in economic systems where human activities and secure sources of subsistence are available to all.
- Social Sustainability is real when universal human rights and basic needs are guaranteed; people keep themselves, their families and communities healthy and safe . Political leaders in the community ensure respect for human rights, non-discrimination , and access to work and culture.
What can we do now to promote Sustainable Development?
We can do our part with simple and good day-to-day practices.
Seeking action to be more sustainable?
- Here’s what you can do right now :
- Click on https://lovesustainability.it/ and download the kit for free!
- Choose the most useful eco-friendly leaves for you
- Place LoveSustainability leaves wherever you want them in your home
- That’s it, you’ve already got your first little big sustainability goal!
- Now take a picture and post it here or send it to https://lovesustainability.it/
- It will be published
- Tell us how your home routine has changed with LoveSustainability eco-leaves.
- Do it now.! 😉 You could be the first LoveSustainability Ambassador